Friday, August 12, 2011

You'll never guess what this post is about...

Did you say cats?? Ha! You're wrong! (If, however, you went with the second most obvious answer and were thinking "random stuff," you are absolutely correct...)

So Rick is off to the thriving metropolis of Fargo, North Dakota today. My guess is he'll absolutely love the place, come home, and announce that we're moving. (Okay, maybe that's the OPPOSITE of what I imagine will happen...) I've been to Fargo once, years and years ago when I was a teenager (okay, maybe not THAT many years ago... ;)) when we were taking a family road trip across the country and stopped to visit some friends from New Jersey who had moved there. Apparently there wasn't much to do in Fargo, because we hopped over the border into Minnesota to visit a Swedish heritage museum. I remember there were huge Viking ships in that museum... I actually recommended it to Rick, since he has some time to kill tonight, but I guess he's not all that enamored by the idea of Viking ships and Swedish heritage...

I stumbled upon an episode of Fraggle Rock earlier today, and, since I am apparently an eight-year-old, I watched the whole episode. (The sad thing is, I think I actually remembered the episode from back when I was a kid...) The show was obviously on a channel aimed at kids, with commercials aimed at their moms... so it wasn't a surprise when I saw an ad for a little mini blender designed to make baby food. It was a cousin of the popular "magic bullet" blender, which is a small, compact blender that doesn't take up much kitchen space. But I WAS a bit taken aback by the name of the baby food blender -- am I the only one who thinks that "Baby Bullet" sounds a bit disturbing?? Maybe it's just me...

I'm watching a show about jellyfish on the National Geographic channel. It's sort of freaking me out. I'm not sure I ever want to swim in the ocean again. (Not that I was particularly fond of it to begin with... I prefer to just lay on the beach and listen to the waves...)

I'm slightly disappointed that someone has finally decided to change the color of the lights on the top of the Hancock Building from red, white and blue to just plain white. Not that I'm über-patriotic and expect them to keep the colors of the flag up there at all times -- but plain white is just... boring. Now it's just like a bunch of really bright office lights. A little color adds a bit of interest to the skyline... (but why is there never any purple?? Just sayin'...)

Well, it's probably close to my bedtime... I will no doubt have nightmares about giant jellyfish tonight. Perhaps I should read for a while before bed... (And on a side note: Do you suppose my brain will ever be organized enough that I can write an entire, coherent post again? All these random thoughts are so... random.) Good night!

No comments: