Tuesday, December 06, 2011

What? More random stuff?

1. Yes. Yes, it IS another blog post full of random stuff.

2. There are only 19 (19!!!) days until Christmas, and I have far too many things to do. Even more than I would usually have to do, since Rick and I, in our infinite wisdom, decided that this would be a good time to take a small vacation and head to Vegas this weekend. We're also heading down to Austin for Christmas. Which means that I really need to have most of my gift shopping completed this week. Because when we get back from Vegas, I will be using all my free time to bake cookies for Eric... :)

3. It has been far too cloudy here in Chicago this last week. I wouldn't mind it so much if the cloudiness was accompanied by snow... but, save for one little ten-or-fifteen-minute flurry a couple weeks ago, we've had NO snow so far this season. It's just been cloudy... cloudy, dark, dreary, depressing. I need sun. Or snow. I'll take either one...

4. So last year at this time, I was attempting to stretch out in my cramped 600-square-foot apartment (which, by the way, only had one wall of windows and tended to stay dark most of the day)... and now I have a corner loft condo with 14-foot ceilings and tons of light. Ah... much better. I remember that everything in that little apartment was so dry -- walking across ten feet of carpet would build up crazy amounts of static electricity, and I was constantly getting shocked. I tried to counter the dry air with a makeshift humidifier -- I kept a big pot of simmering water on the stove all day, hoping that the steam would make a difference in the tiny space. I think it actually DID work... but of course the same kind of thing wouldn't be practical for my new place. So far, we haven't had super-dry weather... but I'm sure, just like snow, it is inevitable...

5. I just happened to look outside my window, and could've SWORN I saw snowflakes... but now I'm not sure. I think I'm having winter-wishful-thinking hallucinations...

6. Could someone tell me who came up with this year's Starbucks holiday campaign?? In case you haven't seen it, the tagline is, "Let's Merry." Let's Merry??? It sounds like an advertising campaign from Japan that was haphazardly translated to English. Let's Merry Happy of the Fun Santa Day! Maybe it's just me...

7. I think that's about all I have today. Now everyone go to Starbucks and enjoy a cup of merry...   

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

You might beat me to the punch for Christmas shopping. Haven't even started mine yet except for buying a gift that was strongly suggested by my wife and mother.

If you want snow, you can always take a side trip to CT for some. :D