Friday, January 20, 2012

Hours of entertainment...

Usually, my view looks something like this:


Today, however, it looks like this:


Snow!! It took long enough, but Chicago is finally delivering on its promise of snowy winters.


I can't believe how many people are out driving in this stuff right now...

I love all the dogs in their little sweaters... :)

For some reason, our street has not been visited by a snowplow yet, even though it's a popular route to get to the interstate and, therefore, very busy. This has resulted in some entertaining traffic-watching this afternoon:

Usually, you'd be able to SEE the yellow line dividing this street into different directions. It's NOT a one-way, but with the lanes covered, many people have started ASSUMING it's a one way. You can see the headlights of a car right under the Office Depot sign -- that person was attempting to make the turn onto this street, but was blocked by the cars that were creating a new one-way street...

ALL of these cars are heading the wrong way...

At last! Justice for the cars driving in the correct direction!

I'm off to jump on the treadmill... hopefully exercise will help me warm up...

2 comments:

Mom said...

Good grief!! That's crazy!! Good thing there were no accidents. I guess they probably weren't going fast enough to do any harm. But if I had been in one of those cars wanting to turn right, I might have been a little upset!

Mom said...

P.S. How did you get that yellow line and red arrow in there???