Tuesday, January 03, 2012

New year, new randomness...

And so begins the post-holiday slump.

My tree is down... my decorations have been packed up in boxes and carted down to storage for another year... my Christmas cookie recipe card has returned to its place among all the other recipe cards I use infrequently... and the workout music on my iPod will be decidedly less festive from now on. But I shall, of course, continue to post random thoughts:

I've had a really annoying sinus (possibly stress/migraine?) headache ALL DAY. I took a Sudafed and about fifty-seven Advil this morning, but it only managed to take the edge off. And I really didn't want to take a fifty-eighth Advil, so I've just been attempting to stave off a recurrence of this morning's pain with various natural remedies. I've been drinking lots of water, putting a cool towel on my neck, and rubbing my earlobes (something I just read about on the internet... and maybe it's just the placebo effect, but I think it helped a LITTLE bit??). I also somehow managed to still walk/jog 3.5 miles on the treadmill. But I'm thinking at this point, the only thing that will knock this malady out is a good night's sleep...

Rick has been in Indiana all day. The quiet house finally motivated me to finish emptying our suitcases from our trip to Austin and tidy up a bit. I don't know why, but every time Rick is gone, I seem to clean more... (This place will be spotless in a couple months when he heads back to Vegas for a work conference... I'll be cleaning for days...)

Why does my weird cat like to sleep in the sink???



I'm starting to think that Chicago is going to miss out entirely on any decent snowfall this winter. We've barely had a THING so far, and the long-term forecast is pretty boring for the next couple weeks. (Yes, I WANT snow. Yes, I'm weird.)

I realized today that I need to find a Chicago-area eye doctor -- I attempted to order some contact lenses online (since I'm about to use my last pair), and was informed that my order couldn't be processed because my prescription has expired. Apparently a current prescription is required by law before contacts can be purchased at an online store. Curses. Foiled by the "law." (I'm sure there's a place on the internet where I can buy illegal, black market contact lenses, right? Not that I'd ever do that...)  

Okay, Mr. Headache, you win... I'm off to take my fifty-eighth Advil.* And then maybe I'll head to bed early...



*I haven't LITERALLY taken fifty-eight Advils. Please don't call 911 on my behalf...

No comments: