Thursday, January 26, 2012

It's a random kind of day...

I am (or rather, I WAS, when I started writing this last night) waiting for Rick to return from a Dell event with carrot cake in tow... actually, I don't think he's TOWING the cake. Although if he WAS towing the cake, that would be awesome -- because how big would that cake have to be in order to require towing??

Is it funny that I love carrot cake but I hate carrots? Or is it just proof that with enough butter and sugar, just about ANYthing will taste good?? (Except fish... nothing makes fish taste better...)

Once again, I am startled by how quickly another year is passing. January is almost gone already??? At least this is a leap year, so we get ONE extra day. Twenty-four extra hours. February 29th is like a bonus day... shouldn't it automatically be a holiday or something? Maybe "Free Coffee at Starbucks Day"?

I just cleaned my bathroom with a bleach-based cleaner, and, consequently, even though it's only 37 degrees outside right now, I have my balcony door open to get some fresh air into the condo to counteract the sickening bleach smell. Ick. Perhaps bleach isn't the best thing to clean with. I should add baking soda to my shopping list... (By the way, my cats LOVE the smell of bleach. It's the weirdest thing. Every time I use it to clean something, they start flipping around on the floor like they're high on catnip...)

It has been super foggy here in Chicago lately. Isn't it supposed to be super snowy? I can only see buildings about three blocks in the distance... the Hancock Building is totally gone. I prefer my sunny-day view to this blanketed view. Or at least snow. I really hope we get more snow soon...

And yes, by the way, Rick DID get the carrot cake home -- and it WAS a rather large piece, but he didn't have to tow it...

No comments: