Thursday, November 09, 2006

It's a nothing to say kinda day...

Yep, it’s another one of those days when my creativity is sorely lacking, so I’m forced to resort to random questions. Here we go:


When was the last time you shaved?
Seriously? Does anyone need to know the answer to this question?

What were you doing 15 minutes ago?
Driving back from Seattle’s Best with my mom. Caramel latte. Yum. Coffee good.

Are you any good at math?
Well, I can be if I want to be. I just haven’t always found it a particularly fascinating subject, so it doesn’t always hold my interest.

Prom night?
Uh, let’s see… junior prom night I went to see a movie with my friend Ali… and senior prom night, I was probably at home watching TV or something. Don’t remember. Wasn’t at the prom, though, that’s for sure… (And just so everyone knows, some guy DID ask me to the senior prom. But he was just as ridiculously quiet as I am… so all I could think of was that we’d be awkwardly sitting in some corner all night, staring at the walls, neither of us brave enough to strike up a conversation with the other. Hmmm… now that I think about it, I probably destroyed that poor shy guy’s confidence when I turned him down… I mean, how much courage did he have to muster to ask a girl to the prom? And then I went and shot him down… he probably retreated into his shell and never asked another girl out again. He’s probably still living with his parents. He probably sits at his computer for hours every day, playing World of Warcraft. He probably works at 7-11 and has no aspirations for a better job. What have I done??? Just kidding. I’m sure he’s fine.)

Do you have any famous ancestors?
I had a great-grandmother named Edith Boleyn, who was supposedly descended from Anne Boleyn, the eventually-headless second wife of King Henry VIII. And Anne Boleyn was mother to Queen Elizabeth I, which means, of course, that I am royalty. You may all bow now. I’ll wait…

Have you had to take a loan out for school?
Fortunately, no. Rick had a school loan for a while, and boy are those people strict about paying on time. Don’t ever miss a school loan payment. School loans and mortgage payments… don’t miss ‘em…

Do you know the words to the song on your MySpace profile?
You know, I actually WAS thinking about trying the MySpace thing, to see if I could get more blog traffic, so I set up a profile for a couple weeks. And then I started getting weird “friend” requests from people, who, I think, didn’t REALLY want to be my “friend.” Yeah. MySpace is scary. So to answer the question – I don’t have a MySpace profile.

Last thing received in the mail?
Lots of catalogs – Christmas is obviously getting close.

How many different beverages have you had today?
Three – water, orange juice and coffee.

Do you ever leave messages on people's answering machines?
Sometimes. But only if I know I’m going to get a machine, and have had time to think about what I’m going to say. Otherwise the message ends up sounding something like, “uh… oh… uh, this is Lisa. Hey. Um, I was just calling to, uh, see if you were there. But I guess you’re not. So, uh, yeah, um, oh, what was I gonna say? I like jelly beans. No, that wasn’t it. Uh, mango happy purple sky… darn it… wait, um, oh! Call me back some time. If you want. I was just, uh, talking… about something… er, I wanted to talk about something. Maybe. T-shirt. What? Microwave. No, I mean, don’t microwave your t-shirts. Number phone? Phone number? Do you have my phone number? Yeah, it’s, um… oh, I can’t remember. You have it, right? Okay. I think that’s it. I don’t know. Gosh I hate these things…”

Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
I never have, but maybe I’ll try that in Hawaii next week.

What's the most painful dental procedure you've had?
Hmmm… I guess it was when I had my wisdom teeth removed, although to be honest it really wasn’t THAT bad. I had prescription painkillers, and I didn’t even need them after the first day – I just popped a few Tylenol and everything was fine. (Well, “fine” as long as I stuck to applesauce, ice cream, and macaroni and cheese… you’d think eating ice cream constantly for a couple weeks would be really fun. It’s not…)

What is out your back door?
My pool, patio furniture, the occasional rattlesnake…

Any plans for Friday night?
Yes! Finishing up packing for Hawaii, since we’re leaving early Saturday morning.

Do you like what the ocean does to your hair?
Yeah, it gives it that wavy, tousled, “bed-head” look… except that my hair never actually looks like that after I’ve been in bed all night.

Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns?
Yeah, I think I got one from one of my old bosses for Christmas one year… I can’t remember if it was my law firm boss, or my proofreading boss… I think it was the law firm guy. And I gotta tell ya – popcorn makes working at a law firm so much more bearable. (No it doesn’t…)

Have you ever been to a planetarium?
Only the one in my high school.

Do you re-use towels after you shower?
Well, yeah – as long as I’m clean, anyway. Otherwise I’d be constantly washing towels in the laundry.

Some things you are excited about?
Uh, my upcoming trip to Hawaii… the possibility of being in a cold climate at some time during the Christmas season… the fact that I weigh less now than I have in about ten years… the new perfume I just ordered from Sephora (yeah, it’s the little things…).

What is your favorite flavor of JELLO?
I don’t eat much Jello… I guess cherry?

Describe your keychain(s).
I don’t have a keychain right now… my keys are simply clinging together in little bunches, flailing around on plain, boring, silver rings.

Where do you keep your change?
Extra change is all over the house – I think we have about five different “change jars” in various locations. I really ought to empty those and see how much money is in them…

When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
Well, how large is “large”? I mean, for me, three or four people seems large if I don’t know them very well. So if that’s the case, I’d have to say a few years ago, back when I was working as a proofreader in the marketing department of a lending bank. And every Tuesday morning, my department would have a meeting in a conference room, where we all had to go around the room and talk about what kinds of projects we were working on. Ugh… I HATED Tuesday morning meetings… I think I used to send my friend Cindy an email every Tuesday morning that said something like, “ugh… I HATE Tuesday morning meetings.”

What kind of winter coat do you own?
I have a great purple wool coat that I’ve had the opportunity to actually wear about ten whole times. Yippee. (Did I mention that I’m excited about going some place cold around Christmastime?)

What was the weather like on your graduation day?
Uh… sunny? Maybe?

Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
It’s always closed, because Rick has this idea that the “bedroom” side of the house cools down more quickly if the bedroom door is closed. But what about the other rooms? Does it really matter if the bedroom door is closed if the rest of that half of the house has to cool down, too? I don’t know…

And a completely random comment of my own -- am I the only person who is really, really sick of those "eHarmony" ads with the creepy "Mr. Rogers of internet dating" guy?? I am SO tired of these sappy ads popping up every three seconds. I keep expecting Mr. Rogers Guy to start talking about the "Magical Make Believe Land of Soulmates and Happily Ever After," while a bunch of puppets are making out in the background... (I only mention this because I've seen about three different eHarmony ads in the last half hour...)

Okay, that’s it. Hope everyone has discovered something new and interesting about me today. Er… or at least “new.” :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok... I have to explain the closed bedroom door thing...

1) By closing the door the light from the porch light is kept out.

2) It keeps Echo in the room which is good because I have no idea if she'd try to use the restroom somewhere in the house if she couldn't wake us up (and she doesn't go in the bed room at all).

3) The A/C doesn't run as long because the thermostat is in the bedroom. If that door is closed then the room cools faster and the A/C doesn't run as long.