Tuesday, January 16, 2007

It's snowing!! It's snowing!!!

Or, in German: Es schneit!! Es schneit!!! I'd say it in some other language, too, but that's pretty much the extent of my language knowledge...

But yes, we're actually getting SNOW here in Austin. I think it's more a mix of snow and sleet (because snow doesn't usually make noise when it hits the ground... and it doesn't bounce around like popcorn, either...). But there's definitely snow in there, too. If it actually amounts to anything, I'll really be amazed. But at the moment, I'm just amazed that I can actually see little white flakes falling to the ground outside. I took some pictures, although I don't know if they do justice to what a monumental event this is:


This picture sort of just looks fuzzy -- but it's fuzzy because it's snowing...

Hmmm... this one is better at showing the ice all over the car... but the snow is there... really...

Can you see it? If you look over toward that red truck, you can kinda tell how there are flaky white things falling around it...

All the kids in the neighborhood are outside right now -- my mom just called to say there are a bunch of kids out in the cul-de-sac by their house, lying in the street making snow angels. In the eighth of an inch of white stuff on the ground. Half of which is hard, crunchy, frozen sleet. Yeah, you can tell we don't get much snow around here...

No comments: