Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A few random updates...

So we made an offer on that downtown condo we really liked. We filled out paperwork with our realtor in the pizza place in the lobby, because we figured we should try out a few of the amenities... and the amenities -- the pizza amenities, at least -- were quite good. (There's also a McDonald's in the lobby, which doesn't impress me all that much -- I'm not a big McDonald's fan. But I suppose it could come in handy for the occasional coffee emergency. McDonald's has surprisingly good coffee...) Since our original offer was purposely on the low side, the owners countered with something higher, and now we're waiting to hear if they'll accept our NEW offer. I'm guessing they'll counter again... but as long as they don't just tell us to get lost, I think we'll probably go with whatever they come back with next. IF we can get this place, we're hoping to close quickly, because there are a few improvements we'd like to make to the condo before we move into it...

Eric is smack dab in the middle of Illinois Bar Exam Day Number Two. Apparently Day One was quite difficult, but I think Eric is one of those people who underestimates himself. And I do know that he buried himself in studying for a couple months... he was a crazy studying fool... he did everything he possibly could to prepare himself for this, so all he can do is give it his best shot and see what happens. I considered showing up at the test location with a squad of cheerleaders and a bossy drill sergeant with a bullhorn, but then I thought better of it... not everyone appreciates in-your-face encouragement with loud, demanding overtones...

I'm starting to get used to the "laundry in the basement" thing... which is good, because if we get the new place, I'll still have to leave my condo to visit the laundry room. I limit my laundry days to weekday mornings, since most people are at work and probably save laundry for the weekends. So I was surprised when I hauled my basket downstairs on Monday morning and discovered a limited number of free washers and dryers. And then I remembered that Monday was President's Day... this would also explain why, when Rick and I attempted to grab a quick lunch at RJ Grunt's, the restaurant was packed and the wait was too long for us to stick around. Note to self: do not do laundry on weekends OR holidays...

Mom and dad are flying up on Friday... I hope they remember to pack coats, because Austin has been around 80 degrees lately. We haven't QUITE hit 80 degrees yet this year... so mom and dad, don't forget to bring a couple sweaters... maybe a light jacket... you know, just in case it's a bit chilly... :)

And speaking of laundry, I have some in the dryer downstairs right now, and it should be about finished baking by now... so I'm off to rescue my clothing from the confines of the basement...

No comments: