Saturday, February 12, 2011

Quick random thoughts...

So last night around midnight, I was reading about Socrates and Plato (yeah, don't ask me why I was reading philosophy at midnight... although I will say this: pretentious observations make more sense after midnight....). And I wrote an entire blog post revolving around my own philosophies (read: pretentious observations) that resulted from reading about the philosophies of Socrates. And then I accidentally deleted the entire thing. I cried. Seriously. (I will also say this: everything is more dramatic after midnight...)

Now that our house in Austin has sold, Rick and I have begun our search for a permanent Chicago residence. Although I LOVE the view in my current condo, it's a bit small (we have so much stuff in storage that we've had to borrow some space in Eric's storage unit), and the condo itself could use some work. But since we're renting, we can't really change anything. So we're just making do with the chipped paint and the chipped tiles in the kitchen and the warped, water-damaged hardwood floors in the living room. No big deal, but if we OWNED this place, we'd be fixing it up a lot. So I'm hoping we can find a place with a little more space, but still with lots of light and hopefully a great view... we'll see.

It's 35 degrees today, which, after a week of single-digit temperatures, feels downright warm. I think Rick and I are planning a really long walk today -- we're aiming for the Hancock building... when I look out my window, it seems pretty close. Like it would take about ten minutes to just skip past all these other buildings and walk across Michigan Avenue to the North Face store on the ground floor. But I'm pretty sure it's farther away than I think it is...

I've noticed recently that I don't have to think about turning on lights in my place until a little after 5 o'clock. Back in December, the lights were on by 4:30... the days are getting longer -- I guess spring is coming? That would explain our balmy 35-degree weather...

Okay, I need to go get ready for our marathon walk... hope everyone has a good weekend! 

No comments: