Friday, July 07, 2006

Old pictures...

I said a few days ago that if I had the scanner hooked up, I'd probably be able to find some embarrassing old pictures to post. Of course, what I didn't realize is that most of the old pictures I have are pictures of ME. But I rummaged through a cupboard this morning and found a few other pictures I'd forgotten about, so here are a bunch of random photos I scanned this morning:

Me as a baby with mom and dad. Check out the hair... and mom's really big collar... :)

This is me when I was five, with some sort of football-helmet hairstyle. I mean, maybe I was an accident-prone child, and needed the extra cranium protection...

Me, Eric and Bob on our grandparents' deck. I don't know the story behind those matching outfits -- were they bought in a store? Or did someone make me a skirt and Eric a shirt out of the same yards of fabric?? And why were we dressed alike to begin with? Just for the fun of it? Or perhaps it was for the express purpose of this picture...

This was me when I was eight... this is about the last year I was anywhere near "cute," because I'm already displaying my chipmunk teeth... by the time I was nine, I had big chipmunk cheeks to go with the chipmunk teeth, and then I got braces, and then I was a teenager... well, you can see where this all goes. Basically, between eight and, oh, let's say 19, I have absolutely no pictures to show anyone... Nope. Not one...

Old picture of Eric and me, back when Eric had hair...

Old, kinda washed-out picture of me at Christmas (sorry if some of these aren't the best quality... scanned-in pictures don't always look the best... :))

And, some even MORE random pictures with absolutely no rhyme or reason:

The infamous "Eric flips his car in the driveway when he's not even in the car" picture...

Echo as a puppy...

Dad, Nick, Cindy, me, Rick and mom at Mickey Mantle's Restaurant in New York City. I think this was spring of 2001, when Rick and I were living in New Jersey and Nick and Cindy came to visit. You know, I've always sort of regretted not putting up a bigger fight to visit the World Trade Center instead of the Empire State Building that day. I always thought the WTC had the best views of the city...

Faisal's probably gonna kill me for sticking a picture of him on here, but I think this picture is great because he looks so happy. I wonder why he's so happy? Oh yeah, it was because he'd just beat me at about fifty rounds of rock, paper, scissors...

Rick took this picture near Denver, as we were driving out West to visit Yellowstone. I've always loved this picture -- we actually pulled over on the side of the highway so Rick could get the camera out of the back of the car. It was one of those "if you don't take it now, you'll never get the picture" opportunities...

No comments: