Saturday, July 15, 2006

Random nonsense

It’s Saturday, so I thought I’d do something silly and fill out another one of these random surveys. So without further ado:

1. How old do you wish you were?
About ten years younger than where I am.
2. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
At home in New Jersey, thinking about what a nice day it was while I ate some breakfast… turned on the TV around 9 a.m., and wondered what movie it was I was watching. I honestly thought it was a movie. I remember I had to go grocery shopping that day (which seemed strangely pointless at the time), and everyone in the store was walking around in a daze with their eyes glazed over… I mean, I’ve never actually seen that kind of thing… it was surreal.
3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
Well, if it’s something I really, really want, I guess I’d just have to put more money in. And if it stole my money AGAIN, I’d just go to 7-11.
4. Do you consider yourself kind?
Yes… probably a little TOO kind at times.
5. If you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be?
(Why would I HAVE to get a tattoo?) I suppose I’d do some kind of Angelina Jolie thing and have a poem written in some foreign language on my shoulder.
6. If you could be fluent in any other language what would it be?
Oh how weird… I was just talking about foreign languages… um, to be honest, I don’t know. I guess I’ll say German, just because I already know a little bit. But in reality, I think I’d rather be fluent in something totally different than English (German is just a little too similar).
7. Do you know your neighbors?
Nope. Not that I’m antisocial. I’m just… not interested in knowing my neighbors.
8. What do you consider a vacation?
Going some place where everything is taken care of for you… doesn’t really matter where it is… as long as someone is making the bed for you every day and cooking for you and cleaning up all your dishes – then it’s a vacation.
9. Do you follow your horoscope?
Nope. Plus, I’ve always been slightly disconcerted by the fact that my sign is “Cancer.” Just doesn’t have a pleasant ring to it.
10. Would you move for the person you loved?
Sure. I’d probably even move for someone I was only slightly fond of.
11. Are you touchy feely?
I’m really not… in fact, I’ve never gotten a massage, because I don’t like the idea of strange people touching me.
12. Do you believe that opposites attract?
Sure they do. So do similar people. And people whose interests meet in the middle.
13. Dream job?
I think I mentioned this once before, but I think it would be cool to be some kind of travel writer – those are like two of my favorite things.
14. Favorite channels?
Travel channel, Discovery, National Geographic, Discovery Health, Discovery Times (yeah, the entire Discovery empire has sucked me in and taken over my life…)
15. Favorite place to go on a weekend?
Um, I don’t think I really have a favorite “weekend hangout,” if that’s what this question means. Or is it like “weekend getaway”? Either way, I’m drawing a blank… that’s sad…
16. Showers or Bath?
I haven’t taken a bath in years… (uh, so that would mean shower… I DO take showers…)
17. Do you paint your nails?
I rarely paint my fingernails, but I always paint my toenails during the summer because I wear sandals so often.
18. Do you trust people easily?
Not even close. I think I mentioned how paranoid I was when I was a child – and that pretty much spilled over into adulthood. Not to mention the fact that it takes me a long time to warm up to people in the first place.
19. What are your phobias?
Uh, I don’t want to take up too much room…
20. Do you want kids?
Never been much of a “kid” person.
21. Do you keep a handwritten journal?
I keep all kinds of journals. I have so many random bits of writing lying around my house, I’ve probably forgotten where some of it is.
22. Where would you rather be right now?
In Chicago, helping Eric find a condo.
23. What makes you feel warm and safe?
Um, a blanket, some hot chocolate, and a seat belt?
24. Heavy or light sleep?
I think it depends on how tired I am.
25. Are you paranoid?
I think I’ve already answered this question…
26. Are you impatient?
I’m actually a pretty patient person. In fact, I can have patience bordering on the ridiculous at times. And people with NO patience tend to annoy me a bit. I have no patience for impatience.
27. Who can you relate to?
Uhhh… um… I don’t know… I think I’m unrelatable. (Made-up word, Faisal! Add it to the made-up word dictionary, okay? :))
28. How do you feel about interracial couples?
Personally, I think it’s a non-issue… unfortunately some people MAKE it an issue, which means it becomes an issue even for people who don’t think it’s an issue. Did that make sense? Some day maybe I’ll write about how “race” is a misnomer, anyway…
29. Have you been burned by love?
I don’t know if “burned” is the right word…
30. What's your life motto?
What? I need a motto already? But I’m still trying to work out the mascot!
31. What's your main ringtone on your mobile?
Right now it’s on silent. Sometimes I’ll set it to a very quiet, annoying chime. I don’t like it to be too loud, in case it rings in a restaurant or something.
32. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Probably checking my fantasy baseball scores for the night.
33. Who was your last text message from?
Let me check… looks like it was from Rick… (I don’t get very many text messages…)
34. Whose bed did you sleep in last night?
Uh, in my own – who else’s would I have slept in??
35. What color shirt are you wearing?
Green
36. Most recent movie you watched?
The Devil Wears Prada
37. Name five things you have on you at all times?
Wait, like literally ON me? Like, hair and dust mites? Or, should that have said “five things you carry with you at all times”? Because if it’s the latter, I can say that every time I travel, I have the following things in my carry on: my phone, lip balm, gum, wallet, and sunglasses. And usually hand lotion, too. But that’s six things… sounds better than dust mites, though.
38. What color are your bed sheets?
Red
39. How much cash do you have on you right now?
I have no cash ON me right now, but in my wallet I probably have about two bucks. In change. Yeah, I’m loaded.
40. What is your favorite part of a chicken?
I’m rather partial to their fingers.
41. What's your favorite town/city?
I’m gonna have to go with New York City, although Chicago comes in a close second.
42. I can’t wait till.......
Uh, Christmas? No, till I get to go back to Hawaii… or, I can’t wait until I can fit into size 4 jeans???
43. What did you have for dinner last night?
Pizza
44. How tall are you barefoot?
Aaaaaalmost 5’5”
45. Have you ever smoked crack?
No. Wait – what? Crack?? Have I ever smoked CRACK?? What, you just jump right over plain old cigarettes, or even marijuana, and go right to crack? What kind of survey is this???
46. Do you own a gun?
No, but if I ever need one, I’ll just borrow Eric’s…
47. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Well, usually I’ll have a couple shots of whiskey, then smoke some crack and play with my guns.
48. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
Hahaha – this survey is making me laugh… I have no “secret weapons” and I never have… if some guy happens to be “lured in” by me, it’s probably his own stupid fault…
49. Do you have A.D.D.?
Hey, who wants ice cream?!?
50. What time did you wake up today?
Um, it was about 10 – I don’t usually sleep that long, but I was up late last night and it’s Saturday…
51. Current worry?
You name it, I probably worry about it.
52. Current hate?
Um, I hate the fact that people hate so much.
53. Favorite place to be?
I guess of all the places I’ve been, my favorite would be hanging out on the beach in Maui.
54. Where would you like to travel?
I believe I’ve mentioned this many, many times… the better question would be “where would you NOT like to travel?” And in that case, I’d have to say Detroit.
55. Where do you think you'll be in 10 yrs?
I can’t even think about where I’ll be in ONE year, let alone ten.
56. Last thing you ate?
Um, I guess it was that pizza last night, since I just realized I didn’t have breakfast. Does a caramel latte count?
57. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don’t sing in the shower… that’d be weird, and I’m obviously not weird.
58. Last person that made you laugh?
Um, oh – probably last night, when Rick realized Sci-Fi Friday was back to brand new episodes, and he practically had a fit about how Stargate was all new. (“It’s a new episode! Sci-Fi Friday is back! I have to call Nick!!”) I was laughing so hard I almost fell off the couch…
59. Worst injury you've ever had?
Gosh, I guess it would be my umbrella accident… that’s the only time I’ve ever needed stitches, and the only time I’ve ever seen my own blood on a sidewalk…
60. Does someone have a crush on you?
I seriously doubt it… but again, if someone does, it’s his own fault because I have no “secret weapons” to “lure” him in.
61. What is your favorite candy?
I don’t think I have one specific favorite – I like all kinds of chocolate, and I’m always willing to try NEW kinds of chocolate. So bring it on. :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when you do these...they are fun to read. Hope you guys are having a grrreat weekend down there!!

Lisa said...

Thanks, Kat! I'm glad you like them, because it's something easy for me to do when I can't figure out what else to write about. :)

Evydense said...

You could always write about toes!

Anonymous said...

After reading this blog I must ask....were any of you ever abducted by aliens?

Anonymous said...

I was...nanu nanu. Take me to your leader.

Anonymous said...

Mork...is that you?

Anonymous said...

I was abducted by a pileated woodpecker driving a Studebaker.