Friday, September 12, 2008

Aloha from Maui!!

We made it to Maui -- it's almost 6:00 Hawaii time, which is 11:00 pm back home. And after a nearly-sleepless night (I think I got about two hours of decent sleep... and after talking to everyone else in our vacation party, that seems to be about the average...) and a 4 am wake-up, we're all fairly ready to keel over. Yet we are determined to honor our 6:30 dinner reservation at one of the restaurants here at the hotel. After which I'm certain I will dazedly walk back to the room, collapse into bed, and lapse into a coma until daylight...

Our flights were very uneventful, which is exactly the kind of flight I like -- no delays, smooth takeoff, smooth landing, not enough turbulence to speak of... in fact, I'd have to say, as far as air travel goes, it was a perfect journey to the islands. Which makes for a really boring blog post, but hey, I'm so tired right now I probably wouldn't be much of a storyteller even if I HAD a story to tell...

In fact, one of the things I've always found peculiar about being tired-to-the-point-of-exhaustion is that I start to feel like I'm on a cruise ship. There's a slight sensation of motion, as if I'm being rocked back and forth by invisible waves. That's when I know I've been awake for WAY too long...

Hopefully after a decent night's sleep I'll have the energy to start snapping pictures so I can have something more interesting to post tomorrow... :)

No comments: