Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Wish me luck...

I was reading through one of my fitness magazines the other day, and thumbing past a few pages of recipes, and I saw one that looked interesting. Spinach and goat cheese stuffed chicken with an artichoke and kalamata olive sauce. Yum. Some people (like my mom) don’t like goat cheese, but I find it lends a lot of flavor to a dish without adding many calories (which would explain why it was in a magazine devoted to fitness…). So I decided right away that I would have to try the recipe and see if it was worth adding to my recipe repertoire…

My mom and I went to Whole Foods this afternoon, and I bought all the necessary ingredients. (And on a side note – I’ve always gone to Whole Foods on the weekend, so I thought the droves of people were just a weekend crowd. Turns out Whole Foods is ALWAYS crowded… even on a Tuesday. I think we need a couple more Whole Foods stores in this city.) And then I came home and read through the recipe a little more thoroughly – after assembling the spinach/goat cheese/chicken, you brown it in a pan for several minutes, add the artichokes, olives and some chicken broth, and then place the pan in the oven to finish it off.

Uh oh. I have to put one of my pans in the oven again…

The burn on my arm from my last “pan in the oven” experience is fading a bit every day. And it would NOT be amusing if I added another injury from tonight’s recipe tryout. So I shall be c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y cooking my chicken dish… oven mitts at the ready, ice on standby, perhaps the number for a hospital burn unit on speed dial...

THIS time, I am determined to emerge unscathed…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a fantabulous cook!!!

That was extremelly good and has to stay in the dinner rotation.

:)

Anonymous said...

i am very proud of you lisa

Lisa said...

Haha! :) Thanks, Arthur. Someone who loves food as much as you understands how difficult it can be to navigate the perils of the kitchen...