Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sigh... last night in Hawaii...

I can't believe we already have to leave tomorrow night. Six nights really goes fast in Hawaii... (I may "accidentally" miss my flight tomorrow...) We don't leave until around 10 o'clock tomorrow night, so we're planning on one more trip to Leilani's on the Beach for Hula Pie (I wish they could pack that stuff in dry ice and ship it to the mainland... I wonder if they'd do that for me...)

Here are some pictures from the last few days:

We drove up to the north side of the island the other day, where we explored some of the cliffs. Dad and Eric, of course, decided to hike down the rocky hill to this blow hole...

The rest of us waited at the top (and waved down to dad and Eric at the bottom)...

A crab in a tidepool along the shore a bit south of the hotel...


We went to the "Old Lahaina Luau" last night, which I've heard described by many people/magazines as the "best luau in Hawaii." Well, the general consensus last night was that the luau we attended in Kauai was much better. But the Lahaina luau DID have lots of shirtless Hawaiian guys...



Shirtless Hawaiian guy...



Whole buncha shirtless Hawaiian guys...

Hula dancer...

Hula dancers...
Me at the luau at sunset...



Me and Rick at the luau...

1 comment:

J&M&Z&M said...

I'm doing some research in luaus right now and would be curious to know what made your Kauai experience better than the one in Lahaina.

Mahalo!