Thursday, September 11, 2008

Arrivederci!

Wait -- arrivederci?? Why am I using Italian when I’m going to Hawaii?? I don’t know… but it was the first thing that popped into my head, for some reason…

Our plane leaves at a little after 7 tomorrow morning, which means we’re leaving the house at about 5… which means we have to be up by around 4:30… yippee. I know, I know – I shouldn’t complain when I’m on my way to Hawaii. :) But I gotta tell ya, that time zone change the first night is brutal… especially when I’ll be getting up at 4:30 in the morning. I know we’ll be TRYING to stay up as long as we can once we get to Maui, but I usually end up conking out around 10 – which will be 3 in the morning back here in Austin. So let’s see – I’ll be getting up at 4:30 in the morning, and then attempting to stay awake until at least 3 in the morning. I’m exhausted just thinking about it… (must focus on what’s important – Hawaii. Hawaii… :))

Well, the Betrayal of Trust otherwise known as “taking the pets to the kennel” is complete. I absolutely HATE carting off all my pets to a kennel. Cats and dogs are SO trusting of their owners – they look at you with those big eyes, seemingly thinking, “I know YOU’LL never do anything bad to me…” and then you cram the cats into little carriers and whisk them and the dog off to a strange place full of strange smells and strange people and strange cats and dogs, where they’ll spend the next week in a little bitty box. I always feel soooooo guilty when I do this. I just have to keep telling myself that they’ll be just fine. And once they’re home, they forget all about it after a day or two… (They’re REALLY gonna hate us if we have to move them to Chicago…)

Anyway, I have to get back to packing, because I’m hoping to be done early enough to get a decent night’s sleep. Check back soon, because I’m sure I’ll be posting pictures – as soon as I get used to that time change… :)

No comments: