Sunday, September 28, 2008

Random stolen pictures...

We had to hang out at mom and dad's house this afternoon with Echo during our open house. The realtor said it went really well -- nine people came by (or nine families... was probably more than nine total) and the feedback was really good. Everyone seemed to like the house -- especially since it's practically brand new. (It actually still has "new house smell" -- I don't notice it most of the time because I'm used to it, but after we were gone in Hawaii for a week, I noticed it as soon as I walked back into the house. It was like, "ahhhh... new house smell..." :)) The realtor said there were three people in particular who were especially interested, so we'll see if anything happens next week.

While I was at mom and dad's house, I stole some of mom's Hawaii pictures off her computer. So here's a few more random vacation pictures:

It was not only freezing cold at the top of Haleakala, it was also really windy... (and I was too cold to push the hair out of my face...)


A nice pic of Rick's parents and my parents...


Mom and dad had the best hotel room for sunsets... they always seem to end up with the "good" room... I'm not sure that's a coincidence... (just kidding, mom and dad! :))


Those are dad's feet after he slid down the waterslide... dad and Eric and Rick all used the waterslide every day, but otherwise, it was pretty much exclusively used by little kids... (okay, maybe there were a FEW more adults who used it... but it was pretty funny to watch all the guys line up behind groups of little kids to use the waterslide... :))


That's dad and Rick in the ocean...



One of the places we stopped had all these rock piles all over the place -- people create them because they see all the OTHER rock piles, and assume there is some kind of significance to all these little towers of rock. But the truth is, they don't mean anything. They're just piles of rocks... (but I decided to place one more meaningless rock on top of this meaningless tower...)



Debbie and me...


Mom posing in front of the sign at her restaurant (where we had Hula Pie... I miss Hula Pie... :))



Another great sunset picture... if you look reeeeaaaally closely, you can see three heads bobbing in the ocean -- that would be dad and Rick and Eric...



Some of the lava flow from an 18th century eruption... I think it was the last time Haleakala really erupted... so it's probably due to unleash fury again any moment now...



Cute picture of Eric and Debbie at the luau in Lahaina...



And here we are in the Maui airport waiting to check in for our flight home... it was a sad day...

No comments: