Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Just a few random blurbs...

Hope everyone had a good Christmas... 2010 is drawing to a close so quickly -- and it's been a rather crazy year, so I will be alternately relieved and sad to see it go. But it'll be interesting to see how 2011 unfolds...

I think this may be the funniest thing I've read in the last few weeks...

I managed to make two double batches of Christmas cookies this year, 75 percent of which were eaten by Eric. And 75 percent of that 75 percent was eaten by Eric in a single night. (Okay, I may be exaggerating. But only slightly... :))

We went to see "White Christmas" at a theater downtown last night, which turned out to be really good. Rick and I were a little worried at first, however -- we drove ourselves instead of taking a cab (which, in hindsight, would have been a better idea), and for some puzzling reason, there was no parking garage within the vicinity of the theater. (Actually, that's not true -- there WAS a parking garage, but it was closed...) So by the time we finally found a random spot on the street and hurried into the theater, the show was about to start. As soon as we walked in the door, we were rushed to the back of the theater by an old, curmudgeonly usher who took us down the wrong aisle. We ended up on the opposite side of the aisle we needed to be on, and I pointed to the other side, where I could see Eric and mom and dad waving us over. Old Curmudgeon, however, shoved us into a couple of empty seats in front of us and told us we had to sit there because the show was starting. I could actually see two empty rows in the back of the theater where we easily could have crossed over to the other side, but Old Curmudgeon Theater Nazi refused to let us move. Ten minutes into the show, however, she came back and told us we should move to our assigned seats. (So what, exactly, was the point of making us sit in those seats for ten minutes??) Besides that frustrating start, however, the rest of the evening was quite nice...

I believe we're completely moved out of our temporary downtown apartment and moved in (as much as we can be) to our less-temporary-but-still-not-permanent Lincoln Park condo. Which is good, because I'm just not sure we can haul any more carts full of random stuff up and down elevators without going insane... and I'm really, really not sure we can fit one more box in this place. We have filled our box quota. No more boxes. Please.

Well, I'm off to bed... (By the way, who's impressed that I'm up to 11 posts for December? Anyone? Anyone?? No? Just me? Okay then...)

No comments: