Wednesday, December 01, 2010

My gigantic apartment...

So here it is, the opulent luxury in which I've been living -- try not to be TOO jealous:

The kitchen -- there's no pantry, and not a lot of cupboard space, which is why I have a pile of food in the corner and a bunch of spices and olive oil sitting next to the stove... (By the way, every appliance in this apartment is ridiculously loud -- the microwave, the dishwasher, the washer and dryer... even the refrigerator makes weird buzzing noises...)

Standing in the kitchen, looking into the living room (Rick's computer is occupying what I think is supposed to be the "dining room" -- just a little bar area with a couple chairs...)

Standing in the living room (or dining room??) looking toward the bedroom... (if you look closely, you can see Riff's head poking out of the suitcase... I was packing for Rick's overnight trip to Kansas City...)

Standing in the bedroom looking into the living room...
The bedroom (that fake tree on the balcony was next to the bed when we first got to the apartment -- the first night, when we were trying to sleep, Riff decided the tree would be fun to climb... over and over and over again... We finally had enough and put the tree outside. It was either the tree or Riff. I think we made the right decision... :))

Standing in entry hallway looking into bedroom/living room...

The largest amount of empty space in the whole apartment -- the entry hallway, with a small closet next to the door, the bathroom, and another small closet across from the bathroom. Those closets are pretty much stuffed full... of stuff...

The view (it's nicer when it's sunny, but we've had a few cloudy days in a row now... :)). The Trump building is on the left (with the spire on top), and the Sears Tower (I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to call it the "Willis Tower") is that black building in the distance on the right. It looks even cooler at night right now -- lots of buildings have red and green lights for Christmas...

And here's Riff, ready to jet off to Kansas City... :)

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

Reminds me of my trailer home: 10 feet wide by 60 feet long.

Craaaaaammped that bad boy was.