Thursday, December 16, 2010

Short post... hungry... need food...

I am quite excited about this particular blog post. Why? Because this post marks the 74th of the year, meaning I will, at last, end a subsequent year with MORE posts than the previous year. I had quite a decline last year, thanks in no small part to the fact that I was working full-time and had neither the time nor energy to devote to blog frivolities. But the last few weeks have brought me more free time (especially in this 600-square-foot apartment -- it takes me, like, 20 minutes to clean the whole thing from top to bottom), so I've been able to afford more frivolity...

So here's some random stuff:

We're on target to begin a Monday-morning move-in at our new place. It's so funny -- now that we have the place, we keep second-guessing details: Is there REALLY room for that huge couch we have? Was the wall in the kitchen still painted red like it was in the listing? If we take the leaf out of our dining room table, will it fit in the apartment? Are we going to have enough room in the storage place we've rented for all the stuff that will be leftover?? Was there a tub or just a shower in the master bathroom??? I keep joking that we'll arrive at the apartment on Monday and it'll be a completely different place than what we remember... and actually, I'm only HALF joking... :)

There's something really weird about the water in this apartment. It seems to be turning all my pots a strange bluish hue. (Although now that I'm thinking about it, it COULD be the pots themselves -- they're not really MY pots, they're the pots that the relocation people left in the cupboards. And I'm pretty sure they're the cheapest pots you can possibly buy. They couldn't have sprung for anything more expensive than what you find in the baking aisle of a grocery store...) There's some kind of bizarre H2O/unknown metal reaction going on here, and I'm not quite sure how much longer it'll be safe for me to cook food in these things... Just another reason why I'm looking forward to the new place -- hopefully I can locate my pots and pans quickly...

Well, I'm a little bit starving right now, since all I had for lunch was soup (hoping this cold will run its course soon...), so I'm off to start dinner. But here's photographic proof that my cats CAN get along when they want to:


Awwwww... (wish they'd be this nice to each other ALL the time... :))

No comments: