Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Another random picture day!

Yes, I've gone crazy with the scanner again -- so, in no particular order and with no rhyme or reason:


My parents' old house in New Jersey, covered with something called "snow." (I never see much of that anymore...) It's funny how both the houses my parents owned in NJ had crazy steep driveways that became death traps in the winter. The first house was at the bottom of a hill, so the driveway sloped down toward the house... and their second house was on TOP of a hill, so the driveway sloped up. Both of them were quite difficult to navigate when the weather was like this...


The Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche in Berlin (that means "memorial church"... but I like saying Gedächtniskirche... it's fun... everybody all together now -- Gedächtniskirche! :)) The church was burned during WWII, but it was kept as a memorial. The structure on the right is the new bell tower -- Germans have nicknamed it "the lipstick." I was so excited when I got a chance to visit Berlin and saw this place in person -- I'd heard about it so many times in my high school German classes, and saw pictures in my textbook. So when I finally saw it in person, I was like, "it's the lipstick! It's the lipstick!" Yeah, okay, crazy girl...


Eric in his Chicago police uniform...


One of my favorite pictures of my half-sister Aimee, because she looks happy and totally normal... I may post my Aimee poem one of these days...


Echo and Allegro sharing a water dish when Echo was a puppy. Notice how Echo is barely bigger than Allegro? Allegro set down the law right away, and made sure Echo knew who was boss. So these days, even though Echo is about four times bigger, there's no more "sharing" the water dish. If Allegro is drinking and Echo wants a drink, too, she'll stand off to the side and patiently wait until the cat is done...


A group photo from our last cruise with Eric and Debbie and Rick's parents...


Since I was talking about St. Edward's University the other day -- here's the main building at St. Ed's. There are some pretty cool old buildings on campus -- this is probably the one everyone takes the most pictures of...


This is the downtown Austin skyline as seen from the St. Ed's campus. This was a few years ago, so it's changed a bit (notice the building that looks like an owl isn't around?). Incidentally, the bluish-green building on the left side of the picture is where the lawfirm of Wright and Greenhill is located, on the 17th and 18th floors... and where I, for some inexplicable reason, worked for a couple years. I should take a few more skyline pics from the university -- St. Ed's has some great views of downtown...


Rick was saying the other day that I should post a picture of Crazy Estonian Tour Guide Guy. So here he is... (if you don't know who Crazy Estonian Tour Guide Guy is, go back to the second post I ever published on this blog...)


Sunset on one of our cruises -- I think this was actually the first cruise I ever took, to Bermuda...


Me and Eric, Christmas 2002, I believe. I'm assuming it was 2002, because I still have relatively short hair...

So that's it... until I find some more random pictures to post some day... :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! How fun. I love looking at old pictures. ;)