Monday, January 17, 2011

Got the place to myself...

I'm one of those strange people who actually LIKES to be alone once in a while. I see it as an opportunity to be reflective, and to be productive, and occasionally to bake cookies (occasionally... just occasionally). So when Rick announced that he was taking an impromptu trip to Minneapolis today, I mentally ran through my stock of baking ingredients and planned out my evening of solitude. (I'm not REALLY baking anything... if Rick reads this and then gets home to find zero baked goods, he'll assume I made five dozen cookies and scarfed them down in one evening... which I would never do... three dozen, MAYBE...)

Actually, I'll probably just cook myself some pasta with veggies (and hot sauce... gotta add hot sauce), and then hang out in my Pajama Jeans. That's a joke, by the way. I don't understand Pajama Jeans. Are they pajamas? Are they jeans?? Are you supposed to wear them out in public??? Because I don't think you should ever wear anything that can be described as "pajamas" in public...

Of course, Pajama Jeans aren't quite as bad as this thing, which I just saw an ad for a couple days ago. Really? "Forever Lazy"?? That's just what we need in a country with ridiculously high rates of obesity... an encouragement to be lazy... forever... And talk about super sexy... I mean, these things are going to be selling like hotcakes around Valentine's Day: 





I am SO buying one of these and heading out for a night on the town... I'll wear my Pajama Jeans underneath in case things get really crazy...

But for now, I'm off to scrounge up something to eat and bake three dozen cookies... (kidding, Rick -- just kidding! :))

No comments: