Monday, January 24, 2011

Monday random boring stuff...

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was pretty quiet and uneventful... we did some grocery shopping, but otherwise didn't venture out much because the temperatures were bitterly cold. I seem to be able to withstand the cold as long as the thermometer remains above the teen range... 20 degrees is okay (not great, just okay...), but 19 degrees results in shivering and numb extremities within minutes.

Last night, however, was a nice, balmy 24 -- so we walked down the block to this place, which has quickly become my favorite restaurant in our neighborhood. I had their special of the evening, which was chicken fricassee -- sooooo good. The chicken was so tender it was just falling apart -- I wish I could figure out how to cook chicken like that...

Rick left for Las Vegas this morning, to gamble away our savings, visit with Wayne Newton, and do things that will "stay in Vegas." Okay, maybe not... maybe he's actually there for a big Dell conference thing. (Yes, it's a "conference thing." I really can't be more specific, since I don't keep up with all the terminology... I'm not tech-y enough... :)) So my goals for this week are to finish up the organization of the condo, so it'll look as good as it's going to get by the time mom and dad come for a visit in a couple days. It actually doesn't look so bad now, but there are a few random things that need to be cleaned/organized/put away/thrown away/etc.

I can't believe New York and New Jersey have been getting so much snow this year, while Chicago has had nothing but sporadic flurries. I was told there would be snow. Lots and lots of snow. But apparently Chicago is on the wrong side of the lake to get "lake effect" snow -- most of that goes to Michigan. When I was a kid in Buffalo, we were well-acquainted with lake effect snow -- and when you're a kid, that much snow is ALL kinds of fun. I told Rick yesterday that I want enough snow that I can dig a big hole in a snowbank and make a snow fort... he thinks I'm weird...

I've noticed that when Rick is gone, I tend to forget to eat now and then. But at the moment, I'm actually feeling pretty hungry -- so I should probably use this opportunity to go get some lunch, before the feeling passes and I suddenly realize I've eaten nothing all day... :)

1 comment:

G. B. Miller said...

Eating?

What a novel concept.

I used to be like that once.

Once.