Thursday, December 07, 2006

Mmmm... brownies...


I love how Christmastime is like an automatic excuse to bake stuff. It is, right? Right?? I'm not just trying to justify the fact that I baked a bunch of brownies this afternoon by saying that, right? I didn't purposely add a few drops of green food coloring to the frosting and sprinkle the whole thing with candy cane and snowflake decorations just so I could SAY it was for Christmas, right? Nah... I would never do that. I totally baked those brownies solely as a celebration of the holiday season. If it wasn't the middle of December, I never would've made them. If it wasn't the middle of December, I'd be drinking a cup of tea and gnawing on some toast right now. Thanks goodness it's December...

By the way, I turned on the letter verification thingy for my comments -- so if anyone leaves a comment, you'll have to type out the random letters first. I did that because I've been getting a lot of weird spam comments lately... like about how I can go to some website and make lots of money, or "hi, I'm so-and-so and I like music from Paris Hilton" (get away from my blog right now...) and I'm getting tired of deleting all of them. I think most of them are randomly-generated messages, and not posted by actual people -- so hopefully the letter verification will get rid of those.

And now I'm going to go celebrate the season by eating a brownie... really... I swear that's why I made them...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I happened to notice that you didn't bring me a brownie! They sure look good!

Love ya'

Anonymous said...

Yes. Save some for me too. They DO look awesome (even better in person)...