Sunday, December 03, 2006

That was stressful...

Ugh. THAT was a disappointing Rutgers game. It was pretty close throughout most of the game, ended with a tie after the fourth quarter, went into THREE overtimes, and finally came to a screeching halt when Rutgers failed to secure a two-point conversion. Uuuuuughhhhh. Eric and Eric put me on defensive duty – I was supposed to be sending hexes and jinxes toward the television, in an effort to thwart the West Virginia offense. It even worked one time – I was focusing an “interception” jinx toward the TV, and lo and behold – West Virginia threw an interception. I was pretty surprised. My confidence in my psychic abilities was boosted, and I must’ve gotten a little too smug – because that was the only time I managed to make a difference…

Rick was trying to remain neutral throughout the game (I mean, when he was actually awake – he was napping on mom and dad’s couch most of the time…) because both of his parents graduated from West Virginia. I, however, had to root for my second-favorite brother’s alma mater, especially considering the great year they’ve had. They may have lost tonight, but consider this: Rutgers is ending the season with a better record than the University of Texas. And to go from being one of the biggest laughing stocks of college football to a RANKED team as quickly as they have is pretty impressive. I bet no one will be laughing at them next year…

By the way, did anyone else think that the West Virginia mascot looked like some kind of cross between Davy Crocket and the unibomber?? Was it just me? Anyone? Maybe it was just me...

So Eric D. told me to give him another shout out, because apparently he likes to see his name in print on the internet. Even though there are only about six people who read this blog on a daily basis. Maybe seven. You seven people are really cool. And possibly really bored, if you have nothing better to do than read my blog… Just kidding. Because I am, of course, brilliant, fascinating and insightful at all times. Okay, half the time. A quarter of the time? All right, look, I KNOW I was brilliant and fascinating and insightful one time a few months ago… I think it was in the summer… (I really am kidding – and I really DO appreciate the people who read all the silly things I have to say on a regular basis. :))

All of our visitors are leaving to fly back to their respective homes tomorrow, which hopefully will mean that I can start eating less. Why does it always seem like the weeks between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day are filled with tons and tons of food? Less chocolate, more treadmill… that’s what I need. (Less chocolate? That sounds like blasphemy…) I probably won’t do too well with that mantra, though… I DID just go to Williams Sonoma today and bought some cookie cutters and decorations for sugar cookies. So I’m obviously planning on baking Christmas cookies at some point over the next few weeks. (But they won’t be chocolate cookies… does that count for anything??)

For now, I’m going to go sleep off the disappointment of the Rutgers loss, and try not to worry about all the brownies I ate at mom and dad’s tonight. After all, chocolate really DOES make upsetting football games more bearable… (really, it does… try it…) :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are brilliant! and thats a doozy of a word, I don't just throw it out there on a whim... i must mean it :)