Friday, December 29, 2006

Year-End Wrap-Up, Part I

So who watched the Rutgers game last night? Rutgers won their first bowl game EVER –37-10 over Kansas State. And what’s funny is that they played here in Texas. Houston, actually. If I’d known a little earlier that they were playing in a bowl game in Houston, I wouldn’t have minded driving down there for the game. Rutgers could’ve used more support… either that, or the broadcasters were really biased against them. Every time they went to commercial or came back from commercial, they would pan the crowd of KANSAS fans. That’s all I saw the entire night. Kansas Kansas Kansas. And Kansas just isn’t that interesting. At all. I mean, the way they made it look, there wasn’t a single Rutgers fan anywhere in that crowd. Which I know isn’t true, because I just heard yesterday they’d sold at least ten thousand tickets to Rutgers fans – so where WERE they, exactly? Apparently even after their 10-2 year and their rank at number 16, there are still sports broadcasters who refuse to take them seriously. I really think the obvious tilt toward Kansas State was just another example of how Rutgers has been fighting their “joke of college football” status – but after this year, they SHOULD gain some respect, I would think. This year was their “please take us seriously” year.

Anyway… so Rick was really proud of himself for being the instigator of a post that generated so many comments a couple days ago. (And NOW I know who wrote “FK 2 cute 4 ever” on the wall of the bathroom… that’s really been confusing me…) And it got me thinking about all the posts I’ve written the past year, and all the pictures I’ve added to the blog. Some of the posts have generated lots of comments, and some of them have resulted in the sound of crickets chirping in the midst of a dark, lonely night (probably the ones where people are sitting back and thinking, “wow, Lisa is weird… don’t comment on THAT…”). And since 2006 is drawing to a close, I thought I’d go back over the things I’ve posted this last year and find some of my favorite stuff.

So for today’s 2006 wrap-up, I present some of my favorite photos from this year:


Okay, technically this picture isn't from "this year," but of all the pictures I've ever taken, it's one of my all-time favorites...


Dad, mom, Bob, me and Eric in Chicago at the beginning of the year...


One of my favorite pictures of me and Eric...


I love this shot of Allegro -- I managed to snap the picture as she was in mid-yawn, which kinda makes her look like a tiny little roaring lion...


Eric and Dave -- Manly Men in Montana...


Another Allegro picture I really love -- she always seeks out patches of sunlight in the morning...


From our trip to San Francisco in June...


The infamous, alien-named Zzyzx Road...


Fun with mirrored hotel balconies and cameras...


I love this picture of Jason and Jen's little girl... she's so cute...


The Congress Avenue bats...


More manly hijinks in Montana...


I don't think I published this one earlier, but this is me and Rick acting weird in Hawaii... which is pretty much how we act all the time... weirdos...


And the one where we finally decided to act normal...


I love this tiki torch picture -- I think Rick took this, and he managed to get the torches framed between the water and the cloud bank above... plus the wind was just right, so the fire was sweeping to the side... great picture...



And finally -- brownies! The perfect way to end a meal OR a blog post... :)

No comments: