Thursday, April 28, 2011

Randomy randomness...

So I just finished unpacking from our California trip, and now I'm packing AGAIN for a weekend in Austin. We haven't been down since Thanksgiving, so it'll be nice to see everyone. We're looking forward to dinner at Rick's parents' house tomorrow night -- that was our Friday night tradition for years. And hopefully we'll be getting together with some friends over the weekend (if said friends can find a babysitter... :)). The great thing about packing for Austin is that it's already about 500 degrees down there... so I don't have to worry about a coat or heavy sweaters...

Is anyone else sick of hearing about the royal wedding? I can't wait until William and Kate have finally tied the knot so I don't have to keep hearing about all the "romantic details" of the upcoming nuptials. C'mon, news channels... I'm a cynical American... I. Don't. Care.

Have I mentioned that my brother is awesome?? He happily took care of Piva and Riff while we were in California, and he's going to check in on them this weekend while we're away again. Someone is getting a free dinner at Morton's! I mean, not Eric... I'll just get him a coffee mug or something. But I'm sure SOMEone, somewhere, is getting a free dinner at Morton's...

We saw a great condo yesterday and have extended another offer. One of these days we'll actually manage to buy a place. Rick has been in the habit of posting all of our condo selections on Facebook, and, unfortunately, none of them have worked out. So this time he kept the listing out of the social network loop in the hopes that he wouldn't jinx it. (Or maybe just because it's getting annoying to announce our intentions to buy a place, only to have some complication pop up...)

And a few more random vacation pictures:

Old church in San Francisco...


Stuffed otter on our bed at the hotel in Monterey (it was 20 bucks if you wanted it... I was hoping they gave them out free with the room... but nooooooooo, of course not... :))


Bunny (with chewed up ears??) on a trail off Highway 1...


 Highway 1 scenery...


Does anyone remember that scene in Harry Potter where Dumbledore takes Harry to the cave to retrieve the locket, and before they go into the cave, they're standing on that big rock surrounded by ocean? Yeah, that's what this reminded me of...


Waiting for our turn to drive through a one-lane construction zone on Highway 1 (apparently a lot of the road was damaged during the rainy season, but most of it was minor, so they were just corralling everyone into one lane... but the part we had to detour around was actually washed away completely...).


A California vineyard...

Okay, I suppose I should go finish packing for tomorrow...

No comments: