Saturday, May 20, 2006

133

That’s how many points I managed to accumulate in fantasy baseball yesterday. My first über-100 point day since the season began. I am inching ever closer to certain victory. (Never mind the fact that baseball season stretches into June. And July. And August. And September. And part of October. I’m still going to call it “certain” victory…) Actually, I’m only in third place right now. But at one point during this past week, I was in sixth place, and I have to say I found it completely unacceptable. It just wasn’t my cup of tea. I didn’t enjoy it. The predictions amongst my fellow fantasy players apparently have me finishing between fifth and tenth place. Which means, of course, that I am obligated to finish between first and fourth. So much pressure to prove the cynics wrong…

Not much to talk about today... my dad came over yesterday to make copies of my Mediterranean cruise pictures so my mom can start making a scrapbook. And as long as he was making copies of mine, he copied all his pictures for me, too. So here are a bunch more random pictures to peruse:



Eric and Eric playing checkers in the ship's coffee shop. I'm not sure who won, but I'm guessing it was Eric...

Ah... silly Dutch hat night. I'll bet Dutch people don't even wear these things, do they? They just make us wear them so all the waiters can laugh at us...

Eric and Eric walking through an alley in Monaco...

The Attack of Lisa's Umbrella-Mutilated Finger!

Picture of Prince Albert in a store in Monaco. And no, he was NOT in a can. (You know, I had no idea what "Prince Albert in a can" meant until I Googled it... apparently it was pipe tobacco. And here I was thinking maybe it was some kind of weird lunch meat or something. Like Spam...)

Me and Rick... I look sort of crazy in this picture for some reason...

Stoic statue with a disrespectful seagull perched on top...

Proof that my brother is in cahoots with those scary demon bunnies from the Dallas World Aquarium...

...but I love him anyway (the exorcist has been contacted...)

Rick and me walking through St. Peter's Square...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

133 is also the approximate number of hours Lisa spent shopping for my numerous birthday presents which will arrive at my aparment (probably with some sort of contingent of armed guards) promptly at noon on Tuesday.

Anonymous said...

That's "apartment" for all of you spelling police.

Lisa said...

Wait -- you're at your aparTment? Great... I sent everything to the aparment, and now I'll have to re-route it all to your apartment. And you know how long THAT will take... could be a while...