Friday, October 06, 2006

Completely useless post...

Stuff that’s in my refrigerator:

Milk
Orange Juice
Apple Juice
Bread (I keep the bread in the fridge so it doesn’t get moldy as quickly…)
Eggs
Broccoli
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Mushrooms
An onion
Elephant garlic (which is bigger than regular garlic, and a bit milder and sweeter. Good stuff. I only recently discovered elephant garlic and I’ve been using it quite frequently.)
A package of Ruby Gold potatoes
Limes
Pears
Apples
String cheese
Brown basmati rice
Various condiments
Frozen chicken, ground turkey, and flank steak (I didn’t even know I had that – fajitas, anyone?)
A package of frozen Gardenburgers
Half a frozen package of Ore-Ida Potatoes O’Brien
Couple of frozen Amy’s Indian dinners – Palak Paneer and Mattar Paneer (the Amy’s brand is really good – but don’t ever buy the “Ethnic Gourmet” brand. Blech. I tried some of their Indian food, and it barely had any flavor. “Bland” and “Indian food” should never go together…)
Couple frozen Cornish game hens (I should do something with those one of these days...)
Various boxes of frozen vegetables that I’ll probably never use


Stuff that’s ON my refrigerator:









Some of those are mine, and some are things that other people have written. I especially like Eric's classic, "Dearest bourgeoisie can't keep soul like dynamite. Say it moon children!" I have two sets of refrigerator poetry -- one that Cindy gave me as a Christmas present a few years ago, and one that I bought for myself last year. So there are plenty of words to go around. I love it when people come over to my house and stand at the fridge for twenty minutes, searching for the perfect expressions to say nothing in particular.

Needless to say, what's ON my fridge is probably more interesting that what's IN it...

No comments: