Thursday, September 21, 2006

Nothing interesting...

I’m having one of those “I don’t know what to write about” days, so I suppose I’ll just try writing whatever happens to pop into my head…

Hey, the Yankees won the AL East title again – and as Joe Torre said last night, “it never gets old.” (Well, I suppose it might get old for people who hate the Yankees… eh, too bad… :)) I think we could be looking at another Subway Series this year – Yankees versus Mets. Hey Eric – remember back when we were kids, and we went to that Yankees/Mets game with Chris DeHart? Chris was a Mets fan, and in the car on the way to the stadium, Chris and Eric took turns holding up their respective team hats to cars that were passing us on the highway. And surprisingly, many motorists were happy to participate in cheering on the Yankees and slamming the Mets (or vice versa). People would give a thumbs up and smile broadly at whichever hat reflected their favorite team, or silently boo at the team they hated. Chris would hold up the Mets hat to the car window until someone in the car next to us would notice… if it received an unfavorable response, Eric would immediately hold up the Yankee hat in its place. That would usually result in smiles and claps from the passing strangers, and then the survey would start all over again. I began to keep score, and by the time we got to the stadium, the Yankee fans on the highway far outnumbered the Mets fans.

I think that was the same game where our seats were on the second level out in right field, close to the bleacher section. At some point, Chris (who was wearing his Mets cap) wandered over to the balcony and looked over into the bleacher section down below. Someone down there noticed him (and his hat), and before we knew it, the entire rowdy bleacher section was looking up at Chris and chanting “Mets suck.” Chris just kind of slowly backed away from the wall and returned to his seat. He may have taken the hat off after that, I can’t remember…

So let’s see… what else can I talk about? Oh, I got my issue of National Geographic the other day, and it included a great big map of the United States. I LOVE maps. I want to go hang it on the wall and study it for a half hour. Sometimes I actually DO study maps for a half hour, just for the fun of it. I’m weird that way…

My cold is progressing nicely (if it’s possible for a cold to progress “nicely”…). I’ve been sidelined from working out too hard for the last week, but at the same time I haven’t been eating much. So it all evens out, I guess. I don’t actually feel THAT bad, I just haven’t been particularly hungry for anything. And while I have been walking on the treadmill, I’m refraining from anything too strenuous. I’ve always heard that if you have a head cold, it’s okay to exercise as long as you feel okay in general. But if you have a chest cold, you should take it easy to prevent your lungs from conking out or something. And this is the first chest cold I’ve had in about a zillion years (I’ll have to double-check my math, but I’m pretty sure it’s been a zillion years), so I’m not pushing myself very hard…

I think I caused another uproar within my fantasy baseball community yesterday, when I picked up some random pitcher off the waiver wire, threw him into my lineup for a day, and racked up 27 points. I get the feeling that some of the guys think I have a big poster with baseball players’ names on it, and I toss darts at it to decide who to play and who to bench. And, strangely enough, that’s EXACTLY what I do…

So I should probably go toss a few darts and make sure my lineup is ready for today. And so concludes another random, meaningless post… :)

Listening to my iPod... trying to figure out what to write... not coming up with anything very interesting...

No comments: